Community Support worker
We are currently recruiting for Community Support workers in the Neath and Port Talbot area to work with children and young adults. Your role will be to encourage social inclusion and community involvement. You will be supporting the individual to build social skills and confidence while enjoying community activities.
Our Community Support Workers will be trained in the following:
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA)
- Child Protection
- Autism Awareness
- Behaviour Support Management
- Basic First Aid
- Induction Training
Family Support Wales will support you to work towards a QCF in health and social care.
The role of a Community Support Worker is to provide support and assistance to individuals with extra care needs. This can include a wide variety of service users from people with physical disabilities to children with learning disabilities to elder people.
Our Community Support Worker will traditionally work with our service users in the community to support social inclusion and community involvement. Some of our service users may have both physical and / or learning disabilities. Some of the young people we support in the community have autism or ADHD.
- Recognising individual needs of service users
- Assisting with planned community activities of service users
- Aiding with tasks that may require extra physical help
- Planning routines which help service users achieve day-to-day activities
- Demonstrating empathy and encouragement for service users
- Being Friendly and supportive
- Being flexible and able to cope with stressful situations
- Work as part of a team with family and co-workers
Understanding the principles of Health Care and Hygiene
Apply with your CV to email@example.com