Children's Care & Support Worker
We are looking for 3 care & support workers for a family in Swansea. Care may involve some personal care and support will involve community support and social activities that includes visiting and enjoying walking and going to the swimming pool, museums and bikeability. As part of the service you will be required to sit with the client as respite for the family to take time out. This will be a 5 hr shift every other Sat or Sun.
The following details are important as some of our services:
- Some of our clients have no speech but are able to communicate through physical direction.
- Medication assistance may be part of the job.
- Some will enjoy outdoor activities such as walking and swimming
- Some will require full support with personal care
- A clean DBS and references will be needed
Hours of service are after school for up to 3 hours and Sat or Sun for 5 hours. Service will be in the family home and in the community.
We are looking for warm and friendly personnel who have health and social care experience. You will be expected to work closely with the child's family and build a positive working relationship with them.
For further information in regards to working hours and pay rates please contact Family Support Wales on 0800 161 5516 or visit our website familysupportwales.co.uk
Please follow the link to apply Community Support Worker