Family Support Wales offers a complete package from initial recruitment through to ongoing PA management. We understand that while selecting your own PA gives you choice, the technical side of managing your choice can be difficult and stressful. That’s why Family Support Wales will work alongside you to achieve your goals.
We will help you every step of the way while recruiting and choosing a PA to suit your needs. Once selected we can manage the legal responsibilities for you and ensure all the financial and contractual processes are complete and are kept up to date on a weekly basis.
Family Support Wales can support you with:
- Understanding your personal needs and requirements
- Managing your Direct Payment funds and budgeting
- Understanding employment law and your responsibilities
- Identifying appropriate care agencies
- Creating job adverts, job descriptions and person specifications
- Shortlisting applicants and arrange interview dates
- Setting up contracts of employment
- Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs on your behalf to ensure your meet legal requirements.
- Complete your PA’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS, formerly Criminal Records Bureau)
- Completing the necessary reference checks to ensure peace of mind
- Arranging training such as induction training, Manual Handling training, dementia awareness etc for PA’s
Family Support Wales also offer the following:
- We have our own Occupational Therapist to support your health and mobility assessment and requirements
- We can administrate all the legal documentation such as employment documents (contracts, annual leave records etc.) and manage these to ensure they are compliant
- Advising on Employer’s Liability Insurance
- We can support you when your PA take annual leave or is sick to ensure you are not left without support
- Our experienced care and support management team can be with you every step of your journey and stay with you while you while your PA service is in place.
Please be aware of our Banking Management System. Currently your Local Authority will only pay your Direct Payments into a separate bank account. They require a specific account that is in place for Direct Payments only. Family Support Wales can support you with this requirement by receiving your funds directly and managing your Direct Payment financial account.
For you this means Family Support Wales will receive the Direct Payment funds on your behalf and will manage the financial arrangements of your care and support needs. This management service includes paying your PA’s weekly, managing any payroll issues such as payments to HMRC, National Insurance payments, pay and social security benefit queries, payments and invoices to other agencies or services involved with your care needs.
Our Banking Management System takes away the stress and worry that can occur when dealing with regular financial payments and the various systems and processes that underpin a typical payroll service. Our system is set up allowing you to have regular updates on your account so you can keep up to date with how you spend your Direct Payments. This allows you the option to purchase extra care and support when you need. This is helpful for doctors/hospital appointments, extra shopping day, extra activities or simply just some extra company when you want it.
We hope this service will allow you to deal with any difficulties you may be going through rather than worrying about the day-to-day management of the PA’s that are supporting you.
Our payroll and management service will allow you to keep track of what you are paying out and what your PA is receiving every week. All working hours are confirmed with you prior to payment. Our process allows for transparently between you, your PA and Family Support Wales. We can communicate this information in a way that suits you, via phone, email or post. We offer a monthly breakdown of your incoming and outgoing finances too, this is emailed to you or sent via mail.
If you require further information on our Banking Management System or Payroll System please call our office and speak to one of our advisers.