Family Support Wales can provide comprehensive services that will support people in receipt of Direct Payment or NHS Personal Health Budget, or those who self-fund to manage their care in a way that gives them choice and control over their lives.
With Direct Payments you are in control and with Family Support Wales you can be involved as much or as little as you choose.
You may only require minimal support or advice in recruiting and managing a PA, or you may need some signposting that will kick start your process. We can support with this and be there for you anytime you need advice or guidance.
And if it’s only the financial part of the process you require we can provide a comprehensive payroll service and keep account of your PA’s legal financial requirements.
To help you take control of your Direct Payments we offer the following support:
- A list of local care & support agencies.
- We will draft advertisements, job descriptions and contracts for you.
- Safeguarding advice for you and your family when employing people to work with children or vulnerable adults.
- Ongoing support with recruitment if staff leave or retire
- Rooms for interviews and help with interviewing.
- Support and advice about the legal responsibilities of being an employer.
- Support and advice around issues of equality and diversity.
- Information about income tax and national insurance.
- Payroll service.
- Advice on health and safety issues, including moving and handling.
- Ongoing staff training.
- How to personally manage staff in your own home
- Some emergency cover support.
- Signposting to other services such as welfare benefits and advocacy.
If you would rather be more involved and completely manage the recruitment process and ongoing management of your staff we offer the following services:
- Support through the Direct Payment process
- Support you through the process of recruiting a PA
- Complete recruitment process, advertise, shortlist and interview candidates
- Advise you on the options in relation to paying tax and national insurance to HMRC
- Manage the process of ensuring DBS, references and training is completed
- Guidance on how to get Employer’s Liability Insurance cover if needed
- Advice on employment legislation including contracts of employment, employee’s rights, national minimum wage and much more
- How the Direct Payment Scheme/Personal Health Budget works
- Our complete management service will take away the stress and worry about employing a PA, we can also support with cover when your PA is on holiday or off sick
Please contact us and discuss in detail your requirements and let Family Support Wales offer a package of support to suit your needs.